Mission Cheese LLC
San Francisco, CA 94110
Posted 1 year ago
Mission Cheese is looking for someone to join our team as a Cheese Buyer. This position requires someone that is already steeped in the world of cheese and is looking to take their passion to the next level by joining our dynamic team! We pride ourselves on offering the best selection of American cheese, and you will be playing a key roll in keeping that dream alive.
About Mission Cheese
Mission Cheese focuses on celebrating American artisan cheese in a format that merges retail cheese shop, café, wine/beer bar concepts. More specifically, Mission Cheese is focused on celebrating the artisan and farmstead cheese movement that has blossomed in the US over the last decade. We source and serve only delicious domestic cheeses for our cheese flights, pressed sandwiches, mac and cheese, etc. A key component of the business is the education of our customers about the cheeses they are eating, including the farmers and cheesemakers that make Mission Cheese possible.
We are passionate about good food and exceptional service. The work atmosphere is fast-paced, positive, and fun. The ability to hustle is required, as is the desire to be a part of an established team. We value employees that are excited about helping to evolve and grow this dynamic food business, and want to learn about the American artisanal food and beverage industries.
What makes Mission Cheese special?
- Entrepreneurial & collaborative environment
- Passionate about finding, developing, and serving responsibly-produced artisan goods
- Regular visits to farms, creameries, wineries, breweries
- Potential for growth within a small, family owned, dynamic business
- Opportunities for profit sharing
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES
Cheese Buyer Requirements
- Assume primary responsibility for maintaining a dynamic, robust selection of cheeses
- Place weekly cheese orders that adhere to a pre-determined budget and standardized delivery schedule
- Fully onboard new cheeses (enter in POS, staff education, signage)
- Forecast and report purchases weekly
- Maintain and update of cheese-related tools, signs, and documents
- Artistically plates, runs, and describes cheese flights
- Assists customers in selecting retail cheese
- Provides food and beverage service in a professional manner
- Curates an experience for customers at the register, providing suggestions and guidance through the menu
- Retains an updated knowledge of all cheese, wine, beer, and food products
- Efficiently prepares a variety of foods prior to opening
- Cleans and resets for the next day in the closing shift
- Keeps the kitchen tidy and sanitary, washing dishes and sanitizing in real time
- Passionate about good food, especially cheese
- Able and excited to curate a culinary experience
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment where hustle is required
- Handle numerous food tickets in an organized manner
- Experience in the artisanal cheese industry is desireable
- Hospitality/kitchen/service experience is desireable
- Able to lift up to 40 lbs
- Must be fluent in English
- Listens and communicates well with staff, managers, and guests
- Accepts constructive criticism and makes adjustments accordingly
- Is able to perform under pressure
- Maintains a positive attitude and productive energy-level
- Displays professionalism when assisting guests and communicating with co-workers
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency and a commitment to providing excellent product and service to our guests.
We look forward to your application!
Location: 736 Valencia St, San Francisco, CA 94110
Employment Type: Full-Time
Compensation: $20 - $30 hourly